Monday, September 04, 2006

30 Great Books

Yes, it's the title of my blog. Why? About ten years ago (god, can it have been that long?!?), I realized that I had stopped reading for pleasure - life had gotten in the way. As a lifelong bookworm, it was a problem that immediately needed to be rectified, so I set a goal to read, yes, 30 books a year. I was (and still am) dorky enough to keep a list, in order to keep myself on track. Some years I exceeded the quota, in others I failed miserably.

Will I be able to keep myself on track this year? When I finish a book, I will post a, er, post. I decided to go anonymous on this one, so I can love and hate with impunity, and will suffer no criticism for my literary choices.

Numbers one through 18, so far...
(1) Jane Eyre, Bronte (2)Something Borrowed, Giffin (3)Something Blue, Giffin (4)How to Sleep with a Movie Star, Harmel (5)Summer in the City, Sisman (6)Busting Vegas, Mezrich (7)London, Rutherfurd (8)The Second Assistant, Naylor and Hare (9)The Geographer's Library, Faisman (10) The Know-it-All, Jacobs (11) The Historian, Kostova (12) Baby Proof, Giffin (13)School Days, Parker (14)Mayflower, Philbrick (15) Zorro, Allende (16) The Professor and the Madman, Winchester (17) Marley and Me, Grogan (18) The Beach, Garland

No comments: