Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hello, 2013

Yes, I fell off the wagon. But I blame the books -- after The Power of Habit, I read Elif Shafak's Forty Rules of Love, and it was so terrible that I never wanted to think about it again, much less blog about it. So I stopped book blogging all together. :( 

In the end, I managed to read 25 books in 2012. Filling out the rest of the list were Janet Reitman's Inside Scientology, the fifth Game of Thrones book, Karen Essex's Dracula in Love, Rosamunde Pilcher's The Shell Seekers, Fifty Shades of Grey (yup, I went there), Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project and Lorraine Hansberry's A Raisin in the Sun, along with two books on screenwriting.

My final tally was not great, but it wasn't awful, either. Because I did read all five Game of Thrones books last year, and each of those is at least 800 pages. I also managed to write a screenplay. So, all in all, not so bad.





No comments: