Sunday, January 21, 2007

#1: A Long Way Down, Nick Hornby

Ah, the first book of the year! I liked it, but can't remember that much about it, even though it's been only two weeks since I've finished it - I know that sounds bad, but it never touted itself as War and Peace, just entertainment. And, in its defense, my memory can be really bad with these sorts of things. I DO remember, however, that I started reading on New Year's Eve, which was entirely on purpose - the four central characters meet on the roof of Topper's House on New Year's Eve because they all want to chuck themselves off. (I, myself, was much more cheery). So there is was, and there it went. Happy reading, friends.

In a random aside, there is a jar of Almond Rochers next to me in a jar. They're incredibly creepy-looking, reminding me of chunky little fingers, albeit fingers wrapped in gold foil. Is it just me?

No comments: