Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 Round-up

It is with a tear that I tally up this year's total. Though I have been maintaining this list for more years than I would like to count, this is the first using a blog, so I am sad and disappointed to report that the final number is: 28. It may be my lucky number, but it's two short of the goal. I guess I could blame it on my new job, which has kept me ridiculously busy, or just the holiday debauchery (which has kept me equally busy), but I'm sure you don't want to hear lame excuses. I don't suppose I can read two more books in an hour and 29 minutes?

New Year's Resolution #1: Read 30 books. Duh.

On a brighter note, I am looking forward to the books that 2007 will bring. In the queue right now (thank you Dallas Public Library) are...The Deception of the Emerald Ring (the third installment), Dreams of my Father (in progress), A Long Way Down (thanks for the loan, Craig), some Thomas L. Friedman, some Erik Larson, Lolita and The Turn of the Screw. I am looking forward to some long summer nights, a vacation in Oman, and a few more cozy winter nights in which my beloved books (and my cuddly canine) will be my companions.

Happy New Year!

No comments: